MVNO Types & Operational Models
MVNO types, e.g. branded reseller, service provider, full MVNO, etc., are largely defined by which of the operational components, network elements or facilities the MVNO manages and which one the host network operator manages – indicating the depth of the individual MVNO’s market participation.
You will come across several names for the various types of MVNOs – or as a combination of types i.e.:
Airtime Reseller, Basic MVNO, Branded Reseller, Digital virtual network operators (DVNOs), Enhanced Service Provider (ESP), Extended MVNO, Full Mono IMSI MVNO, Full MVNO, Hybrid MVNO, IN MVNO, Medium MVNO, OMV, On-brand MVNO, Reseller MVNO, Service Provider MVNO, Sub-brand MVNO, Thick MVNO, Thin MVNO, VNO.
However the four most common used terms for MVNO definitions are:
MVNO Operational Models
- Introduction to MVNA, MVNE, MVNO
- MVNA MVNE MVNO Explained
- MVNO Strategy: Market Differentiation and Segmentation
- Reseller MVNO (Branded Reseller)
- Service Provider MVNO (Thin MVNO)
- Enhanced Service Provider MVNO (Medium MVNO)
- Full MVNO
- Mobile Virtual Network Aggregator (MVNA)
- Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE)