MVNA MVNE MVNO – Explained
In this article, we explain the wording – and meaning behind: Mobile Virtual Network Aggregator (MVNA), Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE) and Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).
We also compare MVNA, MVNE, MVNO with shops and shopping malls to get a better understanding of the concept. But first we will start with the wording:
MOBILE VIRTUAL NETWORK OPERATOR (MVNO)
Taking each word at a time provides a clearer understanding of the MVNO concept.
|MOBILE||= transportable, transferable, or movable. Relating to mobile devices, and similar wireless technology|
|VIRTUAL||= almost, or nearly as described, but not completely.|
|NETWORK||= connect as, or operate with a network.|
|OPERATOR||= a person or company that engages in, or runs a business or enterprise.|
The MVNO provide mobile services similar to mobile operators. However it does not have its own telecom spectrum, instead it leases access to such, either from a mobile network operator (MNO), or a mobile virtual network aggregator (MVNA) – and then provide its own service offer to its customers, under its own brand and pricing.
MOBILE VIRTUAL NETWORK AGGREGATOR (MVNA)
Aggregate, comes from the Latin verb, “aggregāre” which means, to add to -or to collect into a mass or whole.
The MVNA aggregates a mass amount of voice and data from the mobile operators, and resell it to MVNOs at wholesale rates.
MOBILE VIRTUAL NETWORK ENABLER (MVNE)
Enabler, means one that enables another to achieve an outcome.
The MVNE enables the MVNO to operate telecom related services via the MVNEs technology platform.
MVNA, MVNE, MVNO COMPARED WITH SHOPS & SHOPPING MALLS
In this comparison, think of the traditional mobile operators, and their mobile network, as being similar to landlords with excessive land. In the world of MVNA, MVNE, MVNO – all these aspects are of course virtual.
1. The Mobile Virtual Network Aggregator (MVNA) lease the excessive land from the landlord as an agent.
2. The Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE), builds a virtual shopping mall on the land.
3. The MVNE adds all the necessary infrastructure needed for the shops to operate various businesses in the mall
4. This enables multiple tenants (MVNOs) to open and operate their business in the shopping mall, paying rent and utility bills to the (MVNA and MVNE).
From the video MVNA MVNA MVNO – Explained available on YouTube
- Introduction to MVNA, MVNE, MVNO
- MVNA MVNE MVNO Explained
- MVNO Strategy: Market Differentiation and Segmentation
- Reseller MVNO (Branded Reseller)
- Service Provider MVNO (Thin MVNO)
- Enhanced Service Provider MVNO (Medium MVNO)
- Full MVNO
- Mobile Virtual Network Aggregator (MVNA)
- Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE)