Thailand reaches 55 million 3G subscribers in just 11 months
- May 8, 2014
- Posted by: Allan Rasmussen
- Categories: Thai Telecom, Devices
There are now 55 million 3G subscribers in Thailand
Thailand reached a milestone during Q1 2014 when 3G subscribers rose to 55.2 million out of a population of 67.4 million. Adding to the impressive uptake is that all this has happened within 11 months, since 3G became commercially available in Thailand in June 2013.
In 2013 Thailand took the world record in migrating 2G subscribers to 3G, with migration taking even less time than in Japan. 30% of Thailand’s existing 95 million 2G SIM shifted to 3G in just five months.
And the migration continues…
- Today, AIS has 26 million 3G users out of 42 million total subscribers.
- DTAC has 15.9 million 3G users out of 28.2 million customers.
- True Move has 13.3 million 3G users out of 22.9 million subscribers.