Thailand announce maximum mobile service rates
- December 4, 2020
- Posted by: Allan Rasmussen
- Category: Thai Telecom
Thailand announce maximum retail price on mobile services
Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has announced a retail price ceiling on domestic mobile phone service.
The announcement published in the Royal Gazette, takes effect from December 3, 2020 onwards.
Operators who have set fees outside promotional rates at higher than the maximum rate stipulated in the announcement prior to the effective date may continue using their rates until the contracts expire, but must not exceed 270 days from the effective date.
Mobile phone service prices exceeding promotional rates must not exceed the following rates:
- Data: THB 0.90 per MB – (Excluding VAT)
- Voice: THB 1.60 per minute – (Excluding VAT)
- SMS: THB 2.50 per message – (Excluding VAT)
- MMS: THB 4.50 per message – (Excluding VAT)